Question by : What is the best way to start drawing a portrait?
I just want to Know that If You want to draw a portrait of a man If you’re doing this very first time then what you should do first, Sketch the person first and then give the base or any other way…
Remember if you are using poster colors on card sheet.
Answer by Jessiel
The first thing you want to do is sketch, figure out where the hair, eyes, nose , lips and ears will be placed at.
For successful shading and blending, I’ve used an ordinary 0.5mm or 0.7mm mechanical pencil loaded with 2B since I started drawing… this gives me a fine line at all times without the need to constantly sharpen. These pencils are usually sold with HB leads, so be sure to purchase a pack of 2B to replace them. Unlike the wooden pencil, you can’t use the side of the lead to shade large areas, instead, the shading is kept very tight and the varying tones are achieved by gradation and layering, with the pencil strokes always following the shape of your object (unlike cross hatching)….
SHADING & BLENDING
Graphite will act very much like fingerprint powder and adhere to areas of paper where natural oils from the fingers have been deposited. To achieve smooth, silky blends, try to keep skin contact with the paper to an absolute minimum. Try resting the heel of the hand on a piece of tissue or paper to prevent unnecessary contact. NEVER try to blend graphite with the fingertips!!!…
THE GRIDDING METHOD
The prospect of drawing an accurate copy probably seems rather daunting… but the grid, placed over it, has divided everything into a collection of fairly simple shapes. If you progress square by square and simply draw the contents of each one, you’ll find that you should be able to draw very accurately. Your first couple of attempts may not be perfect, of course, but with just a little practise, this method will be an invaluable tool to aid you in producing lifelike portraits…
DRAWING THE HAIR
Erase lightly so that the previous layers show through, this gives the impression of depth to the hair. Always finish by softening the outside edges with the blender…
DRAWING THE EYES
When drawing the lashes below the eye, don’t have them sprouting out of the eyeball… note the lash line. And for a more natural effect, try to avoid the spider’s legs type lash but draw them in clumps. Finally, because of the many tiny blood vessels and shadows cast by the lashes themselves, the white of the eye isn’t actually white… in fact, making it too white will make it appear flat and give the impression of being pasted onto the face…
GOODLUCK, hopefully this helped.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Leave a comment
- CATIA V6 | Industrial Layout | CATIA Natural Sketch for 3D Sketching Encounter (4887)
- In-Spot Augmented Reality 3D Sketching of Mechanical Techniques (4842)
- Audi R8 V10 Speed Drawing with pencil - juho234 (4827)
- Chuck Jones shows how to draw Bugs Bunny (4785)
- Aikon2-Skediomata robotic technique drawing faces (4765)
- Serena extends career-best run, wins Rome title - MiamiHerald.com May 19, 2013NEWS.com.auSerena extends career-best run, wins Rome titleMiamiHerald.comAnother impressive performa […]
- The best writing of the week, May 19 - The Verge May 19, 2013The best writing of the week, May 19The VergeWe all know the feeling. You're sleepless in the s […]
- Q&A: What's the best basic Windows photo program? - USA Today - USA TODAY May 19, 2013Q&A: What's the best basic Windows photo program? - USA TodayUSA TODAYQuestion: What's […]
- What's the best way to save for kid's college? - USA Today - USA TODAY May 19, 2013What's the best way to save for kid's college? - USA TodayUSA TODAYMoney Watch, a personal […]
- Best Places To See Jacarandas In Bloom In Los Angeles - Forbes May 19, 2013Best Places To See Jacarandas In Bloom In Los AngelesForbesKatherine Olivia “Kate” Sessions, a horti […]
Recent Search Terms
- How to draw a woman kissing a man
- Pedobear face keyboard code
- how to draw jennifer lawrence in pencil step by step
- do you have to outline your drawing for canvas paint
- oil painting online classes
- howtopaintinoil com
- how to draw a shoe from the front
- pedobear keybaord
- easy oil painting pictures for beginners
- how to draw sneakers from the front